We currently offer 2 types of book clubs, librarian-led and community member-led. All book clubs are open to anyone who wishes to join!
Librarian-Led Via Zoom
Carrboro Book Club
This club meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Register online or by calling 919.245.2525 (Main Library in downtown Hillsborough) or 919.918.7387 (cybrary in downtown Carrboro). You will receive the Zoom code the day of the book club.
- June 22 - Severance by Ling Ma
- July 27 - The Topeka School by Ben Lerner
- August 24 - Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner
- September 28 - On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- October 26 - Trust Exercise by Susan Choi
- November and December - no meetings
Not a Book Club
The next best thing to reading a good book is talking about it with our fellow readers. Join us online the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. for an informal book discussion. We’re "Not a Book Club," so there’s no assigned reading and no pressure. Just grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, and let’s talk books! Register here or call 919.245.2525 for more details.
First Monday Classics (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 1st Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Each discussion is led by a local author: Ariel Djanikian, Clay Griffith, Nathan Kotecki, or James Maxey. Please email for more details.
- July 5 – no meeting
- August 2 – One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- September 6 – no meeting
- October 4 – The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- November 1 – Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- December 6 – Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Tuesday Evening Book Club (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. For meeting information, please contact Sara Levinson.
- October 12 – Walking Across Egypt by Clyde Edgerton
- November 9 – The Premonition by Michael Lewis
- December 14 – The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles
- January 11, 2022 – Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
- February 8 – Reader’s Choice
- March 8 – Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngson (on order)
Book Club Kits
If you’d like to start your own book club, we can help. Each kit includes a reader’s guide that contains discussion questions and/or an author spotlight. Find out more information here.