Demand Response Services
Medicaid Transportation Service (Non-Emergency Medical Transportation - NEMT)
- This service is made available by Orange County's Department of Social Service, while transportation is provided by the Orange County Public Transportation Department.
* Transportation pre-qualifications are made through the Orange County Department of Social Service. Please leave a voicemail at this number to set up Medicaid service (919) 245-2774.
Rural Operating Assistance Program (ROAP):
The Rural Operation Assistance Program (ROAP) is a state-funded public transportation program administered by the North Carolina Department of Transportation Public Transportation Division (PTD). County governments or regional transportation authorities created pursuant to Article 25 or Article 26 of Chapter 160A of the General Statutes (upon written agreement with municipalities or counties served.) are the only eligible applicants for ROAP funds. ROAP includes the following funding project categories:
Elderly and Disabled Medical Transportation Assistance Program (EDTAP):
- Elderly and Disabled TransportationAssistance Program (EDTAP)-Provides “operating assistance” forthe transportation of the elderly and disabled
- Eligible trip purposes
- job interviews, job fairs, job readiness activities/ training, GED classes, transportation to work, Group field trips/ tours to community special events
- Human Services agency appointments, public hearings, committee meetings
- Medical appointments, pharmacy pick-ups, shopping, personal care, banking etc.
Rural General Public (RGP):
- Rural General Public Program (RGP)-Providestransportation services for individuals who do not have a human service agencyor organization that will pay for the transportation service
- Eligible trip purposes:
- job interviews, job fairs, job readinessactivities/ training, GED classes, transportation to work, groupfieldtrips/ tours to community special events
- Human Services agency appointments,public hearings, committee meetings
- Medical appointments, pharmacy pick-ups,shopping, personal care, banking, etc.
- Must be sub allocated to the CommunityTransportation System
- Passengers origin or destination must bein the rural area
FARE COST: 12.75 One-Way
Employment and Transportation Assistance Program (EMPL) / Department of Social Services (DSS): Work First Program
- Employment TransportationAssistance Program (EMPL)- Provides transport to work ortraining for DSS clients transitioned off TANF or Work First within 12 months,Workforce Development Program participants, “disadvantaged public” and orgeneral public.
- Eligible trippurposes:
- job interviews, job fairs, job readinessactivities/ training, GED classes, transportation to work (scheduled bypassenger),
- Children of working parent transported tochild care.
FARE COST: $0