Fit Feet Program
How Fit Feet Can Help You
You might be having a difficult time looking after your feet and trimming your toenails. If your not as mobile as you used to be, or you have poor eyesight it can make it harder to take care of your feet. The Fit Feet program can help keep your feet in better condition with a foot health assessment and nail trimming service.
Specially Trained RN's will:
- Provide foot care education (PDF)
- Examine the feet for obvious or potential problems
- Referral to client's medical provider if obvious or potential foot health problems are found
- If no problems are found, an RN will trim and file the clients toenails
- Moisturize rough, dry skin
By Appointment Only
Service is by appointment only, for adults age 55 plus. All NEW clients must have their physician complete an initial health assessment (PDF) and bring the referral with them to the first appointment. Clients will not be seen without their doctor's referral.
If medical transportation is needed, please call E-Z rider at 919-968-2772, if you live within the Chapel Hill - Carrboro city limits. In the county, call OPT at 919-245-2008.
- Fee: $14 per visit for Orange County residents. $27 per visit for non-residents.
No-Show Policy for Fit Feet Clients
Clients must cancel their appointment a minimum of 24 before their scheduled appointment. If the appointment is not canceled prior to 24 hours, the client will be billed: $7 for Orange County residents and $13.50 for non- residents. Future appointments will not be scheduled until this fee has been received.
To schedule a Fit Feet appointment, call the senior center nearest you:
- Passmore Center
103 Meadowlands Drive
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Second and fourth Wednesdays
- Seymour Center
2551 Homestead Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
First and third Wednesdays