How I can help
Interested in helping with Orange County NC’s response to COVID-19? Fill out this form and we’ll contact you as we need volunteers. Please do not contact Orange County agencies directly to volunteer, as they are busy responding to emergent calls.
Many local non-profits are raising funds or accepting donations to help those whose incomes are impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. Many students rely on meal programs at their schools, while other families will find their employment status in jeopardy. Please visit the links below to read how you can help.
- Orange County DSS is conducting a food drive to benefit families impacted by COVID-19. Donations can be made online or in person at either of the two DSS locations..
- TableNC wish list for food donations to support more than 700 families.
- IFC Supportive Housing programs need assistance to purchase sanitizer, wipes, spray cleaning supplies etc. for their households. Link for donations.
- To donate to Orange Congregations in Mission, which provides food to low-resource families in rural Orange County.
- Meals on Wheels Chapel Hill-Carrboro will continue delivering meals to seniors once a week, providing meals to cover five days of the week. Cash donations are needed. You can mail check or money order to: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Meals on Wheels, PO Box 2102, Chapel Hill NC 27515. Or donate online.
- Orange County Arts Commission fundraising effort to support local artists/musicians who have lost gigs due to cancellations.
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools
- Orange County Schools