ARRIVE 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT TIME TO COMPLETE REQUIRED IRS FORM
Sites & Schedules
Passmore Center Wednesdays: 9 AM - Noon
103 Meadowland Drive Saturdays: 9 AM - Noon
Seymour Center Thursdays: 9 AM - 3 PM
2551 Homestead Road Fridays: 9 AM - 3 PM
Chapel Hill NC Saturdays: 9 AM - Noon
Foreign Students or others in the US with F, J, Q or M Visas can schedule appointments for tax assistance at the Seymour Center on selected Tuesdays
For non-English speaking clients, please have a bilingual person make the appointment and attend the appointment to interpret. If necessary, interpretation services can be arranged by contacting Jeanne Chamberlin at 919-245-4240.
Chatham County VITA services are provided by the Chatham County Council on Aging in both Pittsboro and Siler City. Call 919-542-4512 for more information.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Photo identification for taxpayer & spouse. Both spouses must be present if filing a joint return.
- Social security cards & birth dates, or ITIN Letter, for everyone named on the return
- Your Copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns
- For direct deposit of refund or withdrawal of amount due: Bank routing & account numbers (voided check)
- All information you have received from the IRS and NC Department of Revenue or is reported to the IRS
- All documents regarding income received in tax year: W-2 forms, social security income, pension, unemployment, retirement income, other work forms showing earnings, 1099-Misc, jury duty, 1099-K, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-B
- Self-employed: Receipts for expenses and statements of income
- Health care documentation from your insurer or the Marketplace:
- If you had Marketplace insurance you must bring your 1095-A.
- You may receive 1 or more of 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C – bring what you have
- Child day care or after-school care: Receipts for amount paid, provider’s name, address, phone, tax ID #
- College student or parent of a college student: 1098-T statement; receipts for books & fees; statement from college listing other expenses
- Medical expenses: Dollar totals by category (doctors, prescriptions, parking, miles driven)
- Charitable donations: Dollar totals for money donated, things donated, & mileage for volunteer work.
- Mortgage & Real Estate: Receipts for interest, points and real estate taxes paid
- Personal Property Tax: Receipts for taxes paid on cars or trucks
- Home sold in tax year: All records of home sales, with closing statements for original purchase and sale
- Stock sales in tax year: All records of stock sales, including dates & prices of original purchase
- Alimony paid or received: Amount and Social Security Number of ex-spouse
- Health Savings Account: Record of contributions and expenses