MOD (Mobility On Demand) Service
Orange County Public Transportation Announces On-Demand Ride Service Starting Friday, March 5
Pilot program lets Hillsborough residents and visitors request on-demand ride service via smartphone app, website, or by calling OCPT at 919-245-2008
OCPT is expanding its service with MOD, a new travel option that will pick up and drop off riders within Hillsborough's town limits with service to the Eubanks Park-and-Ride in Chapel Hill. MOD will be free to ride the first month of service and will cost $5 per trip afterwards. MOD will be available Fridays after 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How to Request MOD by Calling
- Call OCPT at 919-245-2008. Staff will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For future and same-day requests only on the days MOD is in service, staff will be available by phone Fridays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tell the dispatcher where you would like to be picked up and where you're going. Please have a complete address (street number, street name) and connecting/cross streets available to help us ensure the MOD van knows where it's going.
- Have your credit/debit card ready to make payment for your MOD ride over the phone. The dispatcher will need the card number, expiration date, CSV code (security code on the back of the card) and your full name as it appears on the card.
How to Request a Ride Through TransLoc OnDemand Website
- Visit http://ondemand.transloc.com/ and click on "Sign up" to set up an account if needed
- You will need to provide your first and last name, your phone number, and a password when setting up your account
- Select Orange County Transportation Services as your agency, then "Book a Ride"
- If you want to get picked up as soon as possible, select "Next Available." If you want MOD to arrive at a specific time or a future date, select "Specify time"
- Enter your pick up and drop off address and adjust the marker on the map as appropriate
- Enter the number of passengers that will be riding (1 if it's just you) and let us know if you require wheelchair accessibility
- Click Schedule Ride to complete your request
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I request MOD services?
There are three ways you can request MOD, just pick the one that works best for you.
- TransLoc app, https://transloc.com/app/
- TransLoc website, http://ondemand.transloc.com/
- Call 919-245-2008
What is MOD?
MOD stands for "Mobility On Demand," meaning the ride comes when you request it. Similar to a taxi or services provided by Uber/Lyft, when MOD is in service you’ll be able to request a ride within the service area by using the TransLoc app, by calling OCPT at 919-245-2008, or by visiting http://ondemand.transloc.com.
How much does it cost to ride MOD?
$5 per trip and you can bring a travel companion with you at no additional cost.
Can I pay cash when MOD van arrives?
No, MOD fare must be paid in advance over the phone, through the app, or on the TransLoc website. MOD drivers cannot accept cash.
Is MOD being launched as a pilot project?
Yes, when MOD service starts Friday, March 5, 2021 it will run through September 4, 2021 as six-month pilot project. If the pilot is successful, MOD's hours and service areas could be expanded.
What precautions are being taken to reduce risk associated with COVID-19?
All passengers and operators must wear a mask that covers both the mouth and the nose at all times. We also ask that passengers travel with companions that reside within their household and to refrain from using MOD if they aren't feeling well. MOD operators are monitored for illness and will also sanitize the vehicle between MOD trips.
Are MOD vans accessible?
The MOD vans can accommodate 1 passenger with a large wheelchair, plus a companion.