Triangle Regional Resilience Assessment
- A high-level analysis of regional assets, the threats to those assets, and possible tactics to build regional resilience. It was developed in partnership with the Town of Chapel Hill, Durham County, the City of Durham, Town of Cary, and the City of Raleigh as the first effort of the Triangle Regional Resilience Partnership.
Other Projects & Impacts
- Diverted over 650 surplus county computers for re-use by an Orange County student training program in partnership with the Chapel Hill - Carrboro City Schools system and Orange County Information Technologies, under the guidance of Solid Waste Management.
- Working with Housing, Human Rights and Community Development to organize representatives from County departments and disability support groups to assess accessibility at all County facilities and address any identified obstacles.
- Establishing a Waste Wise Event Program to reduce trash at County staff events in partnership with Solid Waste.
- Implementing a grant-funded idle reduction project with Emergency Services that has reduced 1,000s of gallons of diesel fuel consumption while improving emergency preparedness.
- Assisting AMS staff in installing and publicizing the opening of the County's first two public DC Fast Chargers for electric vehicles. Managing the County's 16 level II public EV chargers.
- Wrote and implemented a $100,000 grant to pilot the use of propane bi-fuel vehicles and infrastructure in collaboration with the Sheriff's Office and Environmental Health.
- Providing staff support for the Commission for the Environment, leading the Air and Energy Committee and facilitating efforts to create and publish two local news articles and three radio spots.
- Piloting a vehicle reservation and pooling technology
- Helping the County implement the findings of a major fleet efficiency analysis
- Reconvening of the Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee as Environment and Sustainability Advisory Committee in partnership with DEAPR