Information & Statistics
The following are recent reports and publications of the Orange County Department of Social Services. If you do not see what you are looking for, please contact DSS Information.
Child Care Resources
Orange County Child Care Subsidy (PDF): February 14, 2005 Report from the Day Care Task Force
2006 Orange County Child Care Task Force Report (PDF): November 20, 2006 Report made by the Orange County Child Care Task Force to the Board of County Commissioners
Agency Annual Reports
Review the Social Services Annual Reports.
Work First Resources
View the Work First Plans.
Juvenile Crime Annual Plan 2012 to 2013 (PDF): July 14, 2014 Agency Annual Report from Fiscal Year 2012 to 2013. Highlights the accomplishments of the agency.
The Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC) has studied the risk factors and needs of Juvenile County involved youth in this county and hereby publishes this Request for Proposals. The JCPC anticipates funds from the Department of Justice and Delinquency Prevention in the amount of $277,731 to fund program types specified below. Such programs will serve delinquent and at-risk youth for the state fiscal year 2011 to 2012 beginning on, or after, July 1, 2011.
Local public agencies, 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations and local housing authorities are invited to submit applications (Program Agreements) for programs addressing the following elements:
- The program has an evaluative component.
- Program services are outcome-based.
- Program services compatible with research that is shown to be effective with juvenile offenders.
- Program services detect gang participation and divert individuals for gang participation.
Programs that can have a demonstrable impact on the following success factors:
- Fulfill restitution to victims
- Increase parental accountability
- Reduce convictions from subsequent offenses
- Reduce subsequent complaints
- Reduce the use of alcohol or controlled substances
- Reduce violation of terms of community supervision