Real and Personal Property Auctions
The Orange County Tax Collector uses the In Rem method of foreclosure, in accordance with North Carolina General Statute 105-375.
After the Tax Office has exhausted all other means of collection, properties are seized and then auctioned off.
To be held at the Orange County Courthouse Steps, 106 E. Margaret Lane Hillsborough NC
Below is a list of properties currently being foreclosed: All are sold subject to 2019 taxes that are not covered under this judgment. Purchaser will be responsible for taxes not included in the judgment.
Sale Date: APRIL 3, 2019 at 12:01 pm
- PIN #9860253287, County of Orange v. Ever Lee (Evelyn) Neville Heirs File # 18 M 343; Legal description: Tract No. 4, containing 2.0 acres, more or less, including road right-of-way according to plat of survey of property of Fred Dixon, Jr. and Arthur Allen, dated February 3, 1984, by Alois Callemyn, RSL No. 2544, recorded at Plat Book 39, Page 49, Orange County Registry. Together with Lot B containing 934 square feet according to plat of survey entitled “RECOMBINATION PROPERTY SURVEYED FOR PIEDMONT ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION”, DATED March 25, 1998 by Callemyn Parker Land Surveying. Save and except Lot A containing 934 square feet according to plat of survey entitled ‘RECOMBINATION PROPERTY SURVEYED FOR PIEDMONT ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION”, dated March 25,1998 by Callemyn Parker land Surveying. (PIN# 9860253287 See Deed Book 471, Page 571; Book 1719, Page 503; Book 1719 Page 506; Plat Book 80, Page 109, Orange County Registry) Starting Bid $10,500 subject to change.
- PIN# 9865649818, County of Orange v. Mary N. Gunn Wardlow Heirs File # 18 M 347; Legal description: Being all of Lot 19 in Block C of Highland Woods as shown on plat now on file in the Office of the Register of Deeds of Orange County in Plat Book 15, Page 178, to which reference is hereby made for more particular description of same. (PIN # 9865649818; see Deed Book 964, Page 436 Orange County Registry) Starting Bid $3,300 subject to change
Property Auction Information
Tax foreclosures are held throughout the year. The Orange County Sheriff’s Department conducts each sale at the courthouse steps located at:
106 E Margaret Lane
Hillsborough, NC 27278
The Notices of Sale are advertised for two weeks prior to the sale in the News of Orange or in the Chapel Hill Herald.
The highest bidder at public sale shall be required to pay in full (not make a deposit) the amount of the successful bid at the conclusion of the execution sale (subject to the confirmation of the sale as by law provided). The successful bid amount shall be paid in cash or certified funds (payable to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department).
The Sheriff’s office may, in its discretion, determine and allow a reasonable time within which to deliver the successful bid amount to that office. The successful bidder shall also be responsible for the payment of any excise tax due to the Register of Deeds office, and all recording fees at the appropriate time.
There is a ten day upset bid period in which the high bid may be upset by filing an Upset Bid with the Orange County Clerk of Court. The Upset Bid must be in cash or by certified funds in an amount greater than or equal to 5% of the amount of the Upset Bid but in any event not less than $750 dollars. The Upset Bid must be filed with the Orange County Clerk of Court by 5 p.m. on the tenth day after the filing of the Report of Sale. If the tenth day is a Sunday or a legal holiday or a day which the office of the clerk is not open then the deposit may be made the following business day.
After the ten day upset bid period expires successfully with no upset bid made the Order of Confirmation is filed and the Orange County Sheriff will execute a Non-Warranty Sheriff’s Deed. The total amount of the upset bid in full is due upon delivery of the Sheriff’s Deed.
If you have specific questions regarding Tax Foreclosures in Orange County or regarding a particular property please contact Rebecca Lee, Deputy Tax Collector for Orange County at 919-245-2728 or email Rebecca Lee.
- Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale.
- PURCHASER WILL RECEIVE A NON-WARRANTED SHERIFF'S DEED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SALE.
- The deed description may include portions of land that have already been sold off by the current owner and are NOT subject to the sale.