Current Property Auctions
In Rem Foreclosures
Next Sale Date: January 23, 2019 at 12:01pm
To be held at the Orange County Courthouse Steps,
106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278
ALL PROPERTIES ARE SOLD IN 'AS IS' CONDITION. INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESEARCH ALL PROPERTIES THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO SALE AND BEFORE BIDDING ON A PROPERTY.
- Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale.
- PURCHASER WILL RECEIVE A NON-WARRANTED SHERIFF'S DEED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SALE.
- The deed description may include portions of land that have already been sold off by the current owner and are NOT subject to the sale.
- If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss.
- THIS IS A BUYER BEWARE SALE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. WE OFFER THE PROPERTIES ON A 'WHERE IS' AND 'AS IS' BASIS. THE COUNTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INVESTIGATE THE PROPERTY PRIOR TO BIDDING. Anyone considering buying property at a tax foreclosure sale should be aware that there is a risk.The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale!! It is important to note that the deed description of the property or properties contained in this ad may or may not be the exact description of what is actually being sold. The property to be sold is that property contained in the deed description SAVE AND EXCEPT ANY CONVEYANCES OF RECORD. In other words, the deed description may include portions of land that have been sold off by the current owner, portions that are NOT subject to the sale.
- It is the High Bidders responsibility to check on the status of his/her Upset Bid with the Orange County Clerk of Court.
- Notice of Upset Bids will be mailed by first class mail in accordance with NCGS 1-339-64: however, we advise you to check the status of current bids REGULARLY during the Upset Bid process.
Below is a list of properties currently being foreclosed: All are sold subject to 2019 taxes that are not covered under this judgment.
PIN #9866548407, County of Orange v. Mary Alice Watkins Crawford, Edna Nevilles Watkins Wallace, Linda Watkins Brooks, Margaret Watkins – File # 18 M 256; Legal Description: BEGINNING at a stake in the East right of way line of N.C. Highway No. 86 at the Southwest corner of the Suzan Purley Heirs corner and the Northwest corner of Lot No. 1 as shown on Plat hereinafter referred to, running thence along and with the South line of the Suzan Purley Heirs property South 87 deg. 35 min. East 487 feet to a stake in Othel Thompson’s line; thence with the West line of said Thompson South 2 deg. 25 min. West 154.5 feet to a stake, the Northeast corner of Lot No. 2 as shown on said Plat; running thence along the North line of Lot No. 2 North 87 deg. 35 min. West 439.75 feet to a stake in the East right of way line of N.C. Highway No. 86; thence along and with said right of way line of said Highway North 14 deg. 51 min. West 163 feet to a stake, the place or point of beginning, containing 1.65 acres, more or less, and being Lot No. 1 as shown on Map showing division of a part of the Maggie Warren Property located about four miles north if the Town of Hillsboro in Hillsboro Township, Orange County, N.C., as surveyed and platted September 29, 1956, by Robert A. Jones, Registered Surveyor, which said plat is recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds of Orange County in Plat Book 6, at Page 42, and being a part of the property conveyed by deed dated January 17, 1934, from Susan Purley (widow) to Maggie Warren, which said deed is recorded in Office of the Register of Deeds of Orange County in Deed Book 101, at page 332. (PIN# 9866548407, see Deed Book 160 Page 301 Orange County Registry). Starting Bid $8,200.00 subject to change.