Current Property Auctions
In Rem Foreclosures
Next Sale Date: DECEMBER 4, 2019 at 12:01pm
To be held at the Orange County Courthouse Steps,
106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278
ALL PROPERTIES ARE SOLD IN 'AS IS' CONDITION. INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESEARCH ALL PROPERTIES THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO SALE AND BEFORE BIDDING ON A PROPERTY.
- Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale.
- PURCHASER WILL RECEIVE A NON-WARRANTED SHERIFF'S DEED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SALE.
- The deed description may include portions of land that have already been sold off by the current owner and are NOT subject to the sale.
- If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss.
- THIS IS A BUYER BEWARE SALE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. WE OFFER THE PROPERTIES ON A 'WHERE IS' AND 'AS IS' BASIS. THE COUNTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INVESTIGATE THE PROPERTY PRIOR TO BIDDING. Anyone considering buying property at a tax foreclosure sale should be aware that there is a risk.The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale!! It is important to note that the deed description of the property or properties contained in this ad may or may not be the exact description of what is actually being sold. The property to be sold is that property contained in the deed description SAVE AND EXCEPT ANY CONVEYANCES OF RECORD. In other words, the deed description may include portions of land that have been sold off by the current owner, portions that are NOT subject to the sale.
- It is the High Bidders responsibility to check on the status of his/her Upset Bid with the Orange County Clerk of Court.
- Notice of Upset Bids will be mailed by first class mail in accordance with NCGS 1-339-64: however, we advise you to check the status of current bids REGULARLY during the Upset Bid process.
Below is a list of properties currently being foreclosed: All are sold subject to 2019 taxes that are not covered under this judgment.
- PIN #9893142563, County of Orange v. Norma J. Holt, William Lunsford Jr., Robert L. Lunsford Heirs, Sandra Scott, File # 19 M 102; Legal description: Located in Eno Township, Orange County, North Carolina
- All those certain lots or parcels of land situated, lying and being on the Southwest side of a 30 foot public road and known and designated as Lots Nos. 49 through 54 inclusive in Block A of the subdivision of the property of Baldwin-Fox-Mace as surveyed by J. Ralph Weaver, Registered Surveyor, on May 8, 1947, plot of which is on file in the Office of the Register of Deeds of Orange County in Plot Book 4, at Page 15, and more particularly described as Beginning at a stake in the Southwest side of a 30 foot public road which point is established by measuring North 43° 45’ West 200 feet from the Western intersection of the said road with the public road leading from State Highway No. 70 to University Station; running thence along the property line of a 30 foot road North 43° 45’ West 150 feet to a stake a corner of lot No. 55; running thence with the line of the said lot South 51° 15’ West 200 feet to a stake in the line of Tract No 1A; running thence with the line of the said tract South 43° 45’ East 150 feet to a stake; running thence North 51° 15’ East 200 feet to the Beginning, being a part of the same land conveyed to the party of the first part by deed of G. H. Baldwin and wife dated October 16, 1951, and recorded in the Office of the Register of Deeds of Orange County in Book 153, at Page 437. (PIN# 9893142563 Deed Book 146, Page 426 Orange County Registry) &
- BEGINNING at a stake on a public road (secondary road 1712) shown on the plat hereinafter referred to, the southeast corner of Lot No. 43 and running thence with said road North 51 deg. 15 min. East 125 ft. to a stake in a road; thence with said road North 43 deg. 45 min. West 200 ft. to a stake in the corner of Lot No. 49; thence South 51 deg. 15 min. West 125 ft. to a stake, the corner of Lot No. 43; thence with the line of Lot No. 43 South 43 deg. 45 min. East 200 ft. to the beginning, the same being Lots Nos. 44, 45, 46, 47 and 48 of Block “A” of the G.H. Baldwin Property, according to survey and plat of J. Ralph Weaver, Registered County Surveyor, dated May 8, 1947. Reference is hereby made to deed from G.H. Baldwin and wife, Laura E. Baldwin, to Louvina Lunsford, dated September 4, 1947, recorded in Deed Book 139, page 240, office of the Register of Deeds of Orange County. See also Deed Book 139 at 380, Orange County Registry (PIN#9893142563 Deed Book 235, Page 950 Orange County Registry) Starting Bid $9,000 subject to change.
- PIN #9758273297, County of Orange v. ELLNAP HILL HEIRS, MOSES POLK HEIRS, GRACE P. WILSON HEIRS, File # 19 M 103; Legal description: Located in Bingham Township, Orange County, North Carolina and PIN#9758273297 (9 William Farrington Hrs. Plat Book 16, Page 125, Deed Book 216, Page 49 Orange County Registry). Starting Bid $6,000 subject to change.
- PIN #9769506700, 9769505562, 9769505359, County of Orange v. JOHN L. BAKER IV, TRUSTEE (DECEASED 2/1/2018), File # 19 M 221; Legal description: Located in Chapel Hill Township, Orange County, North Carolina and PIN #9769506700, 9769505562, 9769505359 and being known as #2, #3 & #4 Plat Book 25 Page7, Orange County Registry; Starting Bid $25,000 subject to change.
- PIN #9847188588 County of Orange v. GLADYS T. POOLE HEIRS; File # 19 M 52; Legal description: Located in Cedar Grovel Township, Orange County, North Carolina and PIN #9847188588, A certain tract or parcel of land lying and being in Cedar Grove Township, Orange County, N.C., adjoining the lands of Chester Poole, Clyde Fuller and a public road leading to Cedar Grove and Carr Road and more particularly described as follows: BEGINNING at a steel spike in the center line of a culvert in a public road which leads to Cedar Grove and Carr Road, corner with Chester Poole; thence with the said Chester Poole along the center of Tanyard Branch s. 60° 36’ E. 122 ft. to an iron stake; continuing thence with the center line of said branch N. 79° 53’ E. 90ft. to an iron stake in the center of said branch; thence S. 37° 21’ E. 40 ft. to an iron stake; a corner with Chester Poole and Clyde Fuller; thence with said Clyde Fuller S. 20° 30’ W. 216.50 ft. to an iron stake, a corner with Clyde Fuller; thence again with said Clyde Fuller N. 69° 30’ W. 231.76 ft. to a steel spike in the center of said public road leading to Cedar Grove and Carr Road; running thence with the center line of said public road N. 20° 30’ E. 210 ft. to the Beginning, containing 1.11 acres, including said road right of way, as surveyed by Robert A. Jones, Reg. Sur., 10/31/80. (PIN#9847188588 See EXCEPTED from Deed Book, 352, Page 34, Orange County Registry). containing 1.11 acres more or less; Starting Bid $4,500 subject to change.