Orange County home page

Frequently Asked Questions


What are the office hours for the AMS Department?

AMS offices follow the County's schedule and are open from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.  During inclement weather this office follows the County's inclement weather schedule.

Who do I contact to report a County vehicle being operated in an unsafe manner?

Please record as much information as you can about the vehicle, the location, and the time at which you observed it being operated in an unsafe manner and call the main AMS number at 919-245-2657.

Who provides trash pickup in unincorporated areas of Orange County?

While trash can be taken to Solid Waste Convenience and Recycling Centers, private haulers can be contracted for curb-side pick-up service. The phone numbers for private haulers can be found in the yellow pages, online, or by talking to your neighbors. Using the same private hauler as your neighbor can potentially reduce the cost of the service.

I am a contractor who would like to provide my services to Asset Management Services.

Please call (919) 245-2657 or you may send an email to Tammy Comar.

Who do I contact to ask a question about or report a problem with my water, sewer, natural gas or electricity  services?

Orange County government does not provide utility services for water, electricity, garbage collection, telephone, natural gas, Internet or cable TV. Use the Utilities page to contact the appropriate provider for your need and geographic area.

Who do I call about my street sign in unincorporated Orange County?

Orange County provides road sign maintenance for all state-maintained intersections outside of any city limits. Report a Missing or Damaged Road Sign