Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the office hours for Asset Management Services?
- Who do I contact to report a county vehicle being operated in an unsafe manner?
- Who do I contact to ask a question about or report a problem with my water, sewer, natural gas, or electricity?
- Who provides trash pickup in unincorporated areas of Orange County?
- I am a contractor who would like to provide my services to Asset Management Services. Who do I contact?
- Who do I call about my street sign in unincorporated Orange County?
AMS offices follow the County's schedule and are open from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. During inclement weather this office follows the County's inclement weather schedule.
Please record as much information as you can about the vehicle, the location, and the time at which you observed it being operated in an unsafe manner and call the main AMS number at 919-245-2657.
While trash can be taken to Solid Waste Convenience and Recycling Centers, private haulers can be contracted for curb-side pick-up service. The phone numbers for private haulers can be found in the yellow pages, online, or by talking to your neighbors. Using the same private hauler as your neighbor can potentially reduce the cost of the service.
Please call (919) 245-2657 or you may send an email to Tammy Comar.
Who do I contact to ask a question about or report a problem with my water, sewer, natural gas or electricity services?
Orange County government does not provide utility services for water, electricity, garbage collection, telephone, natural gas, Internet or cable TV. Use the Utilities page to contact the appropriate provider for your need and geographic area.
Orange County provides road sign maintenance for all state-maintained intersections outside of any city limits. Report a Missing or Damaged Road Sign