Orange County Board of Commissioners
Click on the links below to view agenda items in Adobe® .pdf format
Board of Commissioners
Board Of Education
Chapel Hill-Carrboro Board Of Education
Joint Work Session
April 26, 2004
Table of Background Documents
Proposed Meeting Plan
Joint Session of the Orange County Board of County Commissioners, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Board of Education, and the Orange County Schools Board of Education
April 26, 2004, 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Southern Human Services Center, Chapel Hill
· Feedback from County Commissioners on School Boards' recent efforts at collaboration.
· Shared understanding of status of proposed Educational Excellence Task Force.
· Shared understanding of status of OCS Middle School #3.
· Joint mechanism for moving forward on schools' capital needs.
· Joint mechanism for addressing additional items identified by Chairs and staff as needing joint attention by the three Boards.
Proposed Ground Rules
· One speaker at a time.
· Stick to task and topic.
· Listen attentively to the speaker.
· Share the floor.
· It is OK to disagree.please do so respectfully.
presents/clarifies Desired Outcomes, Agenda, and Ground Rules for tonight.
Update on School Boards' most recent collaboration.
1. Brief overview of process planning (Jacobs)
2. Process and Result (Carter and Cook).
3. Q&A and Feedback from BOCC to School Boards.
Board of County
Commissioners (10 minutes):
Proposed Educational Excellence Task Force
Orange County Schools (10
minutes): Middle school #3
Chapel Hill Carrboro City
Schools (10 minutes):
Need for joint mechanism for moving forward on meeting schools'
Ongoing Communication Across the Boards.
· Review of items identified by Chairs and staff as needing joint attention by the three Boards.
What mechanism(s) to put in place to address and resolve
Back to the Orange County Home Page