Fitness Memberships to the SportsPlex
(Effective January 2009)
Senior Center SportsPlex Memberships
A special Membership fee is being offered exclusively to members joining through the Central Orange Senior Center in Hillsborough. It includes Fitness and Cardio Centers and Group Exercise Classes (land and water) offered at the Triangle SportsPlex facility in Hillsborough.
Eligibility: Orange County residents age 55 and over who join through the Orange County Senior Center
All members will be required to:
Complete an annual physical function screen and again prior to initial use
- Receive a voucher for membership to join the SportsPlex
- Enroll and pay special membership rates available only through the Senior Center membership or qualify for a scholarship and
- Complete a separate equipment orientation session with the SportsPlex Staff.
To make an appointment for a physical function screen:
Hillsborough: (919) 245-2015 Central Orange Senior Center front desk
Chapel Hill: (919) 968-2070 Seymour Center front desk
In order to optimize the SportsPlex offerings and to encourage as many participants as possible, a special fee has been adopted by Orange County. However, scholarships are available on a sliding scale based on income. They will be granted, case-by-case, based on the federal poverty guidelines beginning with $10,400 for single member of household. Scholarship inquiries are confidential and should be directed to the Wellness Coordinator, 919-245-4270.
Membership Fees for Orange County NC Residents
- Individuals: $300 one annual lump sum OR $25 monthly draft
- Couples: $420 one annual lump sum OR $35 monthly draft
- Payable in one lump sum by: Cash, Check or Credit Card
New membership joining fee ($49) is waived if
- You complete the physical function screen and
- You pay the membership fee.
Membership Fees for Non-Orange County NC Residents and those waiving the annual required physical function screen
- Individuals: $431.88 one annual lump sum OR $35.99 monthly draft
- Couple: $599.88 one annual lump sum OR $49.99 monthly draft
- Payable in one lump sum by: Cash, Check or Credit Card directly to the SportsPlex
Monday – Saturday: 5:30 am – 10:00 pm
Summer Saturdays: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sunday: 12 noon – 7:00 pm
Personal Trainer Appointments
Contact the SportsPlex-approved trainers directly.
This program operates through the Department on Aging - Wellness Program