Orange County Master Aging Plan (MAP)
- NEW Orange County Master Aging Plan
- NEW Orange County Master Aging Plan Implementation
- NEW Orange County Master Aging Plan Tool -Kit
Resource created by the Orange County Dept on Aging MAP Task Force for other communities to use when planning for aging services
- Background of Preparing for the 2012-17 MAP
Preparations for the 2012-2017 Master Aging Plan
In preparation for the development of the 2012-2017 Master Aging Plan, the Orange County Department on Aging conducted a government readiness assessment and solicited community input to inform the structure and priority areas for the plan. This website is intended to document our work and make our tools and reports publicly available to assist other counties in the development of a Master Aging Plan.
Janice Tyler, Orange County Department on Aging Director, is available to consult with other county departments who are interested in adopting these information-gathering practices for strategic planning purposes.
Government Readiness Assessment
The goal of the Aging Readiness Assessment was to find out how each Orange County Government department was:
- Preparing for the increased demand for programs and services due to an aging clientele
- Preparing for an aging workforce
Below are the assessment tools used in 2010 to collect information.
"Building a Livable and Senior-Friendly North Carolina-Drafting a Plan"
- Orange County Government Readiness Assessment Tool (coming soon)
Community Input was solicited by
- Holding focus groups in the seven townships of Orange County
- Creating a cross-sectional electronic survey to measure which programs, services and community attributes Orange County residents anticipate they will need and value as they grow older
- Surveying staff of long-term care facilities in the county
Below are the implementation guides and surveys used to complete this assessment.
- Focus Group Discussion Guide and Implementation Plan (.pdf)
- Perceptions of Aging Survey (.pdf)
- Long-term Care Staff Survey (.pdf)