Senior Times newsletter
- Lists activities and programs at Orange County's centers for active older adults
- Check Information Outlets near you for Senior Times pick-up sites.
- One-stop hubs for older adults to access services and programs through the Department on Aging
- An array of activities, special events, trips, classes, clubs, lifelong learning, recreation, drop-in programs, lunch
- Easy access to representatives from community agencies
- Class Schedule March - May 2014. For more details see the current issue of the Senior Times
- Educational Opportunities
- Travel with Seniors on the Road March - May 2014 for fun day and overnight trips
- Support Groups
- Interest Groups
- Fitness, walking groups, Senior Games
- Health screenings, physical assessments
- Presentations, resources, group activities, personal services
- Fitness memberships
- "Aging in Community: Planning for our Future" a three-part lecture and discussion series expolring alternative housing optons for seniors. Hosted by Orange County Department on Aging, Charles House & Second Journey. Information/Registration
- Finding the Care You Need in Orange County
- List of In-Home Helpers
- Community resources, housing, aging transitions.
- 2013-14 Orange County NC Community Resource Guide An extensive listing of local services and
resource for seniors and their families.
- Free personal assistance in matching people with rewarding opportunities available at local nonprofit agencies, schools and government centers (usually need to be at least 55 years of age and over)
- Information on volunteering with Senior Centers, Wellness, Tax assistance, Medicare assistance, Schools, Nonprofit agencies, Orange County Government