V I T A
RSVP-VITA Free Income Tax Assistance
VITA, an IRS and Orange County (NC) RSVP Volunteer Program, provides FREE income tax preparation, both Federal and state, to qualified individuals with low-to-middle income, regardless of age or county of residence.
Para obtener información VITA en español haga clic aquí.
Scheduling appointments now for
February 1 - April 15, 2014
Orange and Chatham Counties, NC
|Services Provided||Eligibility||Schedule an Appointment|
|Walk-Ins||Sites / Times||What to Bring|
- All services are FREE, including electronic filing and accuracy Quality Review
- Computerized Federal and State tax returns
- IRS-Trained and Certified VITA Volunteers
- Tax Credits: volunteers identify all entitled taxpayer credits (credits may lower tax debt or increase refund)
- Take a brief survey or call our appointment line to see if you meet eligibility guidelines.
- Clients with lengthy returns will be asked to seek services from a tax professional
- For an appointment in Orange County call: 919-245-4242 (English); 919-245-2010 (Hispanic); Compass Center for Women & Families 919-968-4610
- For an appointment in Chatham County call: 919-542-4512 (English); 919-742-1448 (Hispanic)
- To schedule an appointment ONLINE:
"Powered by Appointment-Plus"
- Non-English speaking clients must bring an interpreter
- Clients without appointments will be fit in if time permits, if there is a cancellation or open appointment
- Walk-in clients must arrive at least 2 hours before the tax site closing time for the possibility of being served.
Free Tax Help details, including Times, Locations and Contact information. Tax service times and locations are subject to change.
- Seymour Center
- Compass Center for Women & Children
- Central Orange Senior Center
- Siler City
- Para obtener información VITA en español haga clic aquí
- Free Tax Help Details
- 2013-14 VITA Fact Sheet
- Be Ready for Tax Time IRS Tells You How
- What to bring to your VITA Appointment
- Getting a Replacement Social Security Card
- Choose Your Tax Preparer Wisely
- Free Tax Return Preparation for You
- Do You Qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit
- Since the early 1980s, Orange County Government has consistently been a provider of the RSVP-VITA service, ensuring that the County's taxpayers have access to and can benefit from this free service
- 2012 Tax Season: a total of 94 RSVP-VITA volunteers at 8 VITA tax sites in Orange and Chatham Counties served more than 1,800 clients
- LOCAL: Orange County RSVP Volunteer Program, Orange County Department on Aging, Compass Center for Women & Families, Chatham County Council on Aging, Cumberland Community Action Program Inc., Carol Woods, The Cedars, UNC Hospitals, United Way of the Greater Triangle, Towns of Chapel Hill and Carrboro
- FEDERAL: IRS and the Corporation for National & Community Service