Wellness Program Advisory Board
The Wellness Program Advisory Board supports and advises the Orange County Department on Aging's Health and Wellness Division's activities to enhance the physical and mental health and social wellbeing of older adults in Orange County so they can live as independently and productively as possible.
The Wellness Board meets bi-monthly for 2 hours.
More information on membership coming soon.
- Help determine the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Help develop a strategic plan and goals for the organization.
- Provide leadership for the wellness needs of the senior citizens.
- Implement policies and procedures contained in the organization’s guidelines.
- Help develop financial resources to meet the needs of the organization.
- Help ensure effective public relations for the organization.
- Attend board meetings regularly and on time.
- Become well informed in advance on agenda items; contributes knowledge and
expressed points of view; helps the board make decisions reflecting the thinking of the total group.
- Assume board leadership responsibilities as requested and as possible.
- Attend meetings of committees to which appointed.
- Participate in new member orientation (July).