Orange County Adult Care Homes
Orange County Adult Care Homes--Contacts and Most Recent Site Visits ( includes Assisted Living, Rest Homes and Family Care Homes)
Contacts includes a list of key local and state staff and their responsibilities related to adult care homes such as licensing, monitoring and advocating for residents' rights
"Adult Care" and "Assisted Living" are terms that reflect a broad scope of living arrangements for adults in need of personal care assistance.
- An assisted living residence in which the housing management provides 24-hour scheduled and unscheduled personal care services
- Provides care to seven or more residents
- May be referred to as a rest home, home for the aged, domiciliary home or assisted living
- Provides care for two to six unrelated residents
- Adult Care Homes and Family Care Homes are subject to licensure by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Licensed adult care homes
- Provide supervision to persons with cognitive impairments whose decisions, if made independently, may jeopardize the safety or well-being of themselves or others.
- Provide personal care to individials no longer physically capable of living independently
- Designate staff to administer medications
This Community Advisory Committee is a state-mandated and county-appointed advisory committee. Members serve as grassroots advocates for residents in adult care homes and family care homes. The members make unannounced visits to these homes quarterly/annually to ensure the needs of residents are being met per the North Carolina Adult Care Home Resident Bill of Rights. Members also serve as liaisons between the residents and their community and help keep the community and State informed on issues concerning residents of long-term care. The Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee receives training and technical assistance from the regional ombudsman and is considered part of the Long-term Ombudsman Program.
- Quarterly on the 2nd Wednesday, 3:30 to 5:00 P: 2010 - Feb 10, May 12, Aug 11, Nov 10
- Meetings are held at the Central Orange Senior Center, Hillsborough.
- Questions about meetings: (919) 558-9401
- Application for Membership
- Current Membership and Terms
- Information about Meetings: TJAAA (Triangle J Area Agency on Aging) Ombudsman Program (919) 558-9401