Register of Deeds Office Location
Gateway Center, 228 South Churton Street, Suite 300, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Mailing Address: P O Box 8181, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Office Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Register of Deeds serves as custodian and manager of a large number of public records. By law, the Register of Deeds is charged with the integrity, accuracy, and safekeeping of these public records.
The services provided by our office include:
- recording legal documents and maps - 8:00am - 4:30pm
- issuing marriage licenses - 8:00am - 4:00pm
- providing certified copies of documents (including birth and death certificates and military discharges)
- administering notary oaths
- personal information redaction
This website was designed to provide information and services to the public, insight into what we do and to answer any questions you may have concerning the services we provide. If you have any other additional questions, or if we may be of help in any other way, please feel free to contact our office at (919) 245-2675.
Register of Deeds