for new registration or for updating information.
To vote in Orange County, you must be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- A Resident of North Carolina and this county for 30 days before the election
- At least 18 years of age on or before the next general election
- Not registered and not voting in any other county or state
- If convicted of a felony, your rights of citizenship have been restored
- If you move out of your precinct, but remain within Orange County, you should notify the board office in writing of your new address.
Registration application forms must be either postmarked or received by the Board of Elections no later than 25 days before the election in which you wish to vote.
After a voter application/update has been processed, a voter verification card will be mailed to the voter indicating their correct precinct and polling place location.
If you wish to change your party affiliation, you must complete either a Voter Registration Application Form (downloaded from address above) or complete the reverse side of a Voter Verification Card that has been mailed to you, and return it to the Board of Elections. All changes must be either postmarked or received in the Board of Elections office at least 25 days before the election.
- Board of Elections Office - 208 S. Cameron Street, Hillsborough
- Carrboro Town Hall - W. Main St. Carrboro
- Carrboro Cybrary, Century Center, 100 N. Greensboro St, Carrboro
- Chapel Hill Town Hall - North Columbia Street, Chapel Hill
- Chapel Hill Public Library - 100 Library Dr, Chapel Hilll
- Davis Library, UNC-CH Campus
- Orange County Public Library - 137 W. Margaret Ln, Hillsborough
- McDougle School Library, Old Fayetteville Rd., Carrboro
- Persons having business with the N.C. Department of Motor Vehicles may register to vote with the DMV
Mail Forms to:
Orange County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 220
Hillsborough, N.C. 27278
Click Here for Information on Conducting a Voter Registration Drive, ordering registration forms, and ordering guides on how to conduct registration guides.