Environmental Health Division
Environmental Health is a service within the Orange County Health Department and is responsible for protection of public health through the following programs:
Septic Systems, Wells and Water Testing
- Septic Systems
- Water Testing
- Request Copies of Well / Septic Permits
- Property Information Search - ARIES
- Public Water Supply Referral
- Schedule of Fees
Orange County Environmental Health serves as a referral service to other agencies for related issues including:
- Air quality (outdoor)
- Air quality (indoor) (mold, radon, moisture, asthma, etc.)
- Environmental Complaint Referral (state DENR)
- Epidemiology in NC
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Healthy Water information (CDC)
- Landlord/Tenant Complaints (HUD)
- Solid waste disposal
- Stream quality
- Underground storage tanks
- Well Water and Health - NC DHHS
- Workplace Safety (NC DOL)
Please tell us how we are are doing by taking this quick survey - thank you for your input!
CHECK IT OUT
NEED HELP FINDING INSPECTION INFORMATION ABOUT A CATERER OR A RESTAURANT FOR HOLIDAY CELEBRATIONS?
Click HERE to search for Orange County Establishments
It's that time of year to be thinking about Norovirus. Norovirus is a highly contagious virus, and it can be spread through eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus, touching surfaces or objects contaminated with norovirus then putting your fingers in your mouth, or having contact with someone who is infected with norovirus. Handwashing is the single-most important strategy against the spread of norovirus.
HANDS OFF: STRATEGIES FOR CONTROLLING THE SPREAD OF NOROVIRUS
FDA EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND PERSONAL HYGIENE HANDBOOK
FOOD TRUCK INFO
Operators must report their scheduled locations. Submit completed forms to Connie Pixley.