Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC)
The Child Care Health Consultant is a healthcare professional with specialized training. The Child Care Health Consultant works with child care programs in Orange County to promote the health and safety of young children in their care by:
- Performing on-site assessments and developing plans for improvement
- Assisting with the development and review of health and safety policies
- Supporting plans for inclusion of children with special health needs
- Assisting with managing illnesses and infection control
- Referring families and staff to community health resources
- Providing training to staff and educational programs to children and families
For questions or information about this program call (919) 245-2468.
This position is funded in part by the Orange County Partnership for Young Children.