Ready in 60 Seconds Video Contest Winners
The Health Department and Emergency Services launched the first Ready in 60 Seconds video contest on September 1, 2011. We would like to congratulate the morning English as a Second Language class at the Orange County Literacy Council for placing FIRST in this year's contest. Please see the video below to learn the basic items for a 72-hour disaster preparedness kit.
About National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month! National Preparedness Month (NPM) is sponsored by the Ready Campaign and Citizen Corps program each September to help Americans prepare their homes, businesses, and communities for disaster.
The Orange County Health Department and Orange County Emergency Services are encouraging individuals and families to take time this month to make an emergency plan and disaster supply kit. This page will tell you more about our Preparedness Month activities and how you can get a kit, make a plan, and stay informed.
Preparedness Month Events in Orange County
- Ready in 60 Seconds Contest Flier
- Full Calendar of Events
- Get a Kit, Make a Plan Workshop (Sept. 14th)
- National Weather Service Skywarn Class (Sept. 20th)
- Public Health Reserve Corps Volunteer Orientation (Sept. 29th)
Become a Volunteer
Orange County has many ways that you can become involved with local emergency preparedness and response efforts. Click the links below to learn about our top three emergency-related, community volunteer programs.
- Orange County Community Emergency Response Team
- Orange County Public Health Reserve Corps
- Orange County American Red Cross
Orange County Preparedness Month Materials
Where can I find more information?
- Ready Campaign/National Preparedness Month
- NC DHHS Hurricane Health and Safety
For more information about this campaign and its activities, contact:
Candice Watkins Robinson, MA
Sr. Public Health Educator - Health Communication
Orange County Health Department
Return to Top of Page