- Screen time can have an impact on your weight
- Watching less television creates more free time for family fun
Simple Tips to Taming the Tube
- Set clear limits on TV time
- Plan how much TV you and your family are going to watch
- Eat dinner together as a family without the TV on
- Instead of watching TV, take a walk after dinner or play ball
- Don’t keep the TV on all the time, tune into specific shows
- Set physical activity and TV viewing goals for the week
- Also limit time spent on computers, hand held video games, and PDAs
Handouts to Help You Tame the Tube
Meal, Exercise, and TV Planner: This simple chart will help you and your family answer the question of "What's for Dinner?", "How Much Activity?" and "How Much TV?"
Simple Solutions for Less TV: Provides 7 easy ways to reduce the amount of television per day. Spanish Version
|Limit TV: This handout provides simple solutions to help
individuals and families watch less television.
|I Will Watch Less TV: This empowering poster reminds us to turn off the TV or computer and get active instead.|
For Organizations: If you want to promote this message to a group, download the Tame the Tube Toolkit.