Healthy Carolinians of Orange County
Partnering for a Healthy Community
Eat Smart Move More Orange County - Consistent Messaging Campaign
The Healthy Carolinians of Orange County Health Promotion Committee launched the Eat Smart Move More (ESMM) Orange County Consistent Messaging Campaign! Twenty partnering organizations in Orange County will be using various strategies to promote different key ESMM health message each month (October 2012-March 2013) within their organizations, to various audiences. Media efforts (PSAs, news articles, etc.) will complement partner messaging.
Eat Smart, Move More Orange County is a movement that promotes increased opportunities for healthy eating and physical activity wherever
people live, learn, earn, play, and pray. The Health Promotion
Committee of Healthy Carolinians of Orange County developed the
campaign plan for Eat Smart, Move More Orange County to help reduce
the growing problem of obesity. Campaign participants encourage individuals and families to think differently
about what they eat and how much they move; and help people
make choices that help them feel good and live healthier.
The Eat Smart, Move More Orange County campaign offers resources and support to make it easy and fun for participants to promote messages within a school, organization, business, church, or community. The toolkit is full of resources that will help encourage individuals to be more active and make healthier food choices.
Click here to access the Toolkit manual, materials (facts and figures, educational handouts, and sample policies), and other helpful resources.
A Special Thank You to 2012 Consistent Messaging Campaign Partners
- Carrboro Parks and Recreation
- Celebration Assembly of God Church
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro YMCA
- Childcare Health Consultant – Childcare Centers
- Childcare Services Association
- Fairview Community Watch Association
- Hillsborough Presbyterian Church
- Healthy Carolinians of Orange County
- Orange County Cooperative Extension Services - EFNEP
- Orange County Department on Aging
- Orange County Government
- Orange County Health Department - Nutrition Services
- Orange County Library
- Orange County Partnership for Young Children
- Orange County Schools
- Public Health Reserve Corps
- Smith Middle School
- UNC Health Care / UNC Wellness Center
- Vietri Inc.
Like ESMM Orange County on Facebook!