Healthy Carolinians of Orange County
Partnering for a Healthy Community
Healthy Carolinians of Orange County (HCOC) is a network of agencies and citizens partnering to promote health and wellness in Orange County. Members of HCOC are representatives from schools, human service agencies, churches, civic groups, businesses, local government, UNC Chapel Hill, health care organizations including UNC Healthcare, and concerned citizens.
Click on invitation above to learn more
Our mission is to advocate, guide and assist Orange
County in planning and implementing health care strategies to promote healthy
lifestyles, improve health status and prevent premature death and injury for all
residents in the county regardless of age, race, income or educational level.
The overall goal of the program is to reduce health disparities.
What We Do
- Build and promote collaborative partnerships
- Identify critical health needs in the community
- Guide local planning efforts to improve health
- Support innovative health programs
- Advocate for health-promoting policies
Priority Health Issues
- Access to Health Care, Insurance, and Information
- Chronic Disease/Health Promotion, Exercise and Nutrition
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
Download our Program Brochure
Ashley Mercer, Healthy Carolinians Coordinator