The Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness is a coalition of housing and service providers, local government and the broader community working together to prevent and end homelessness in Orange County.
The Partnership is seeking new members to join its Leadership Team in January 2015. People who live and/or work in Orange County and are interested in providing leadership to ending and preventing homelessness in our community are welcome to apply to volunteer on the Leadership Team. Applications can be completed electronically or downloaded. See the 2014 Leadership Team members. Applications are accepted year-round but should be submitted by October 23, 2014 to be considered for 2015.
Orange County’s 2014 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition Unbiased Review Panel completed its review and ranking of submitted project applications. The following projects will be included in Orange County's CoC Priority Listing submission and were ranked in the following order:
- UNC XDS Leasing Project 1
- UNC XDS Leasing Project 2
- UNC XDS Leasing Project 3
- UNC XDS Leasing Project 5 SSO Reallocation
- (Cardinal Innovations) PSH RA/Operating Renewal 2014
- (Cardinal Innovations) PSH C Renewal 2014
- (Cardinal Innovations) PSH Concern of Durham Renewal 2014
- (Cardinal Innovations) PSH C2 Renewal 2014
- (Cardinal Innovations) PSH C3 Renewal 2014
- Orange County CoC Planning Grant
The eighth, annual Project Connect Orange County was held Thursday, October 9, 2014 at the Hargraves Community Center in Chapel Hill. Thanks to the guests, service providers and volunteers who helped make it a wonderful, productivel day.
The Partnership's 2013 Report to the Community highlights its achievements in increasing access to Housing, Employment and Services.
The Orange County Resources Guide contains comprehensive information about services for those in need including housing, employment, education, health & dental care, mental health care, substance abuse treatment/recovery, emergency assistance, food, legal services and more.
How to Obtain Important ID Documents has information about how to obtain birth certificates, Social Security cards, voter registration cards, driver's licenses/picture IDs and a free PO Box. Additional resources can be found here.
You can help end homelessness!
- Form a Support Circle to serve as a support network for a person or family transitioning from homelessness to permanent housing. Contact Kathy Millikan: email@example.com.
- Volunteer with or hire graduates of the Job Partners program that helps people who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness become job-ready and find employment. Contact the Community Empowerment Fund.
- Donate a working or non-working vehicle through Wheels4Hope to enable a Job Partners graduate to obtain a car to get to their job!
- You can make a tax-deductible contribution to either the Job Partners program or Project Connect through the Orange County Community Giving Fund; please click on this link:
Subscribers to the Partnership to End Homelessness listserv will receive periodic emails about activities, volunteer opportunities, and the work of our partners in helping to prevent and end homelessness in our community.
For more information, email Jamie Rohe, Homeless Programs Coordinator, or call