Housing, Human Rights and Community Development
The primary mission of the Orange County Housing, Human Rights and Community Development Department is to promote adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity and a suitable living environment free from discrimination.
To achieve this mission, the Department has the following strategic goals:
- Expand the supply of assisted housing
- Improve the quality of assisted housing
- Increase assisted housing choices
- Ensure equal opportunity and affirmatively further fair housing
- Enforce the Orange County Civil Rights Ordinance by investigating housing and public accommodation discrimination cases