Affordable Care Act Basics
When can I enroll?
- October 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014
How do I enroll?
- Apply online at www.healthcare.gov.
- Complete and mail in a paper application:
- Apply over the phone by calling 1-800-318-2596.
- Make an appointment with a local enrollment specialist for in person assistance by calling 1-855-733-3711.
What documentation will I need when I enroll?
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants) for everyone in your household who needs coverage
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (example: pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any health insurance plans currently covering members of your household
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan for which you or someone in your household is eligible
When does coverage begin?
- Coverage begins January 1, 2014 for everyone enrolled before December 23.
- After December 23, coverage begins the first of the following month or second month.
Where can I find more information?
- Individuals and
- Or call 1-800-318-2596 to talk to a live person 24 hours a day.
Additional Orange County Information