Scheduling and Use of Study Rooms
Availability and Location
Three study rooms are available on the second floor of the Orange County Main Library. The two small study rooms have a capacity of two individuals and the large study room has a capacity of six.
The study rooms are for use as a site for quiet study for small groups. Such use shall at all times be consistent with the fundamental objective of the library to provide for all ages a suitable environment for research, study, and reading.
- Individuals 13 years or older are eligible to use the study rooms. Patrons younger than 13 must have an adult 18 years of age or older present in the study room at all times during use.
- Reservations may be made in person at the Information Desk, or by calling the Adult & Teen Services Department. Reservations are on a first-come, first served basis; however, priority is given to library business.
- Reservations may be made up to two weeks in advance of use.
- There is a maximum time limit of two hours per room if others are waiting.
- If a person is 15 minutes late for a reserved study room, and another patron is waiting to use a study room, the reservation will be forfeited.
- Reserved room time is not transferable to another person, including family members.
- A patron is not allowed to ask another patron to yield time in the study room.
- If a user leaves the room for more than 15 minutes, the room will be considered vacant. All personal belongings will be removed, and the room will be available for use by another patron.
- Study rooms are available until 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- In support of agencies and individuals participating in literacy tutoring, the library accepts standing reservations for study room time from volunteer literacy tutors and their students.
Individuals who are fail to comply with the Orange County Public Library's Conduct and Courtesy Policy will be asked to leave and may be suspended from using the study rooms in the future.
Use of the Library’s study rooms does not constitute Library endorsement of viewpoints expressed by participants. Advertisements or announcements implying such endorsement are not permitted.