ORANGE COUNTY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARING ON TRANSIT
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (April 11, 2017) – The Orange County Board of Commissioners will conduct a public hearing on April 18, 2017 to receive comments regarding transit and the Orange County Transit Plan, formally referred to as the Durham-Orange Bus and Light Rail plan. The meeting starts at 7:00 p.m. at the Southern Human Services Center, 2501 Homestead Rd. in Chapel Hill. At the beginning of the meeting, GoTriangle staff will provide a presentation highlighting major components of the plan.
A large turn-out is anticipated for this public hearing. If you would prefer or are unable to participate in the public hearing, an option would be to send an email with your comments to email@example.com . This address goes to all of the Orange County commissioners.
The meeting will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable digital channel 1301. The meeting will be available online via streaming video accessible from the link below. http://www.orangecountync.gov/departments/board_of_county_commissioners/videos.php .
Also, a video archive of the meeting should be online by noon the day following the meeting at the same link as above.
Information on the project can be found on the Orange County website. http://www.orangecountync.gov/transitplan
Procedures for the Public Hearing:
The Orange County Board of Commissioners will receive comments on the bus and light rail plan.
- The Public Comment Sign Up sheet will be available at 5:30 p.m.
- Speakers may only sign up for themselves to insure speakers are present.
- Speakers have up to 3 minutes per speaker
- Speakers cannot assign their minutes to other speakers
- Please print legibly
Suggestions for the Public Hearing:
- After commenting, please consider making your seat available to others waiting to speak
- If you have spoken at a previous meeting, please consider allowing others to speak
- If you determine that points you wished to make have already been made by other speakers, you may waive your slot
# # #