ORANGE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
BOCC Transfer Station Siting Work Session
April 15, 2008
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Southern Human Services Center
Chapel Hill, NC
The purpose of the meeting will be to finalize and adopt the exclusionary criteria, with further detail and illustrative maps being presented at that time.
Additionally, a summary of public comments from the transfer station siting information sessions will be presented for discussion, feedback, and direction, and the Chair of the Human Relations Commission and Director of the Human Rights and Relations Office will brief the BOCC on their draft definition of “Environmental Justice”. Further information regarding the preliminary technical criteria and community-specific criteria will also be presented for discussion, feedback, and direction as time permits.
AGENDA (Order of Business):
1) Presentation and Discussion of Public Comments from Transfer Station Siting Information Sessions
2) Review and Discussion to Finalize Exclusionary Criteria (Exhibit 1)
3) Adoption of Final Exclusionary Criteria
4) HRC Presentation re: Environmental Justice
5) Discussion, Feedback and Comment on Preliminary Technical Criteria and Preliminary Community-Specific Criteria (Exhibit 2 and Exhibit 3)
6) Public Comment Period (15 Minutes)
7) Further Comment and Feedback as desired by the Board to Olver, Inc. and/or County Management
ATTACHMENTS FOR RESOURCE/REFERENCE: