Clerk to the Board
The Office of the Clerk to the Board provides direct support for the
Duties of the County Clerk's Office include the following:
- Post agendas for County Commissioner meetings
- Record minutes of County Commissioner meetings
- Retention of historical minutes of County Commissioner meetings
- Retention of County Ordinances
- Maintain and publish calendar of public meetings
- Provide public notice of meetings
- Coordinate and track volunteer citizen boards and commissions appointed by the BOCC
- Responsible for keeping the County Seal
- Provide communication support to the public and media through news releases
The Clerk's Office is in the Government Services Center, 200 South Cameron Street in Hillsborough, North Carolina and opened weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, except holidays. Check the Inclement weather page for short term variations in work hours due to weather conditions.
The main phone number is (919) 245-2130 and the fax number is (919) 644-0246.