The Engineering Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Efland Sewer System and Lake Orange. In addition, engineering staff collaborate on other County-constructed infrastructure projects and economic development infrastructure design.
Efland Sewer System:
- TO REPORT EFLAND SEWER SPILLS OR OVERFLOWS: Call OWASA at (919)968-4421. They provide emergency response for the Efland Sewer System.
- Efland Sewer Rate Structure – shows the current and approved future rates for Efland Sewer customers
- Efland Sewer Rate Structure Study Report – This is the most recent rate study completed for the Efland Sewer System.
- Efland Sewer Annual Collection System Report – Summary of system operation for the year.
- Efland Sewer Resolution – establishes County’s authority to operate and enforce rules of operation for the Efland Sewer System
- Town of Hillsborough’s Sewer Use Ordinance (SUO) – Efland Sewer wastewater is treated by the Town of Hillsborough’s wastewater treatment plant, so Orange County incorporates the Town’s standards of acceptable use into the Efland Sewer Resolution
- Efland Sewer Billing Issues: Call Orange-Alamance Water System at (919)563-6212. They bill and collect payment for the Efland Sewer System.
- Any other Efland Sewer related concerns? Please contact the Efland Sewer Operator in the Engineering Division at (919)245-2583.
- Having trouble paying your bill? Help may be available to those families who qualify. Use this link for the Orange County Department of Social Services (OCDSS) or call them at (919)245-2800. Also, the Town of Hillsborough has made their Sewer Assistance program available to Efland Sewer Customers. This is available through Orange Congregations in Mission (OCIM) but you have to be qualified and get a referral from OCDSS first.
- Eno River Capacity Use Agreement – These are the rules used to determine when to release water and how much to release from the lake.
- Eno River USGS Gage – shows the flow in the Eno River past the gage in Hillsborough. This is the gage used in the Capacity Use Agreement to monitor flow in the Eno River.
Current Construction Projects:
Kevin Lindley, Staff Engineer
Tina Love, Administrative Assistant II