First Draft Unified Development Ordinance (August 2010)
The first draft of the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) is available (link below). This phase (Phase I) of the UDO consists of re-formatting existing County ordinances into the UDO format. Additionally, the Board of County Commissioners authorized some specific regulatory changes:
- Conditional Districts to replace the existing Planned Development zoning construct
- Off-street Parking and Loading
- Landscape and Buffer Requirements
- Stream Buffers
- Outdoor Lighting (note that substantive amendments to the Outdoor Lighting standards were not able to be completed as part of this phase)
Future Phases are expected to consist of additional changes to UDO regulations. The Consultant retained by the County will produce a list of potential future phase work as one of the tasks the Consultant is performing.
The UDO Table of Contents is hyperlinked to the document text. Clicking on a section title in the Table of Contents will take you to that section in the document. (See NOTE below if you are using Adobe Reader 9 or greater and are experiencing problems with the hyperlinks)
Please read the information contained in the “UDO Notes” link below for an explanation of footnoting, tracking changes, and other relevant information.
A comparative table which lists all sections of existing ordinances and where those sections are located in the UDO (or whether a section has been recommended for deletion) has also been produced – see link below.
Comments on the first draft of the Unified Development Ordinance must be received no later than 9:00 a.m. on Monday, September 20, 2010 to be considered for inclusion in the draft document that will be prepared for the November 22, 2010 quarterly public hearing. Instructions for submitting comments are in the “Comment Form” link below.
- UDO Notes
- First Draft Unified Development Ordinance (6MB pdf file)
- Comparative Table
- Comment Form
- Table of Permitted Uses - non Economic Development districts
(added August 30, 2010)
- Table of Permitted Uses - Economic Development districts
(added August 30, 2010)
- Definitions to be Added (added August 30, 2010)
Adobe Reader 9 hyperlink fix:
If your Adobe Reader version 9 or greater does not allow you to click on the links in the Table of Contents and move directly to the text in the body of the document, you can turn the PDF/A view mode off - Open up your Adobe Reader program and do the following: Edit > Preferences - Documents > PDF/A view mode > (change to) Never