2030 Comprehensive Plan (Adopted November 18, 2008)
What is the Orange County Comprehensive Plan?
The Orange County Comprehensive Plan serves to guide the County's growth and development through the year 2030. By setting goals and objectives, County officials can use the document to guide policy decisions that effectively provide a high quality of life for residents. The Comprehensive Plan covers eight major areas, each known as an Element: County Profile, Economic Development, Housing, Land Use, Natural and Cultural Systems, Parks and Recreation, Services (Utilities) and Community Facilities, and Transportation.
The 2030 Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) on November 18, 2008 and reflects the culmination of many hours of work by Orange County elected and appointed officials, advisory boards, staff, and the public at large.
ADOPTED Orange County 2030 Comprehensive Plan:
The 2030 Comprehensive Plan is now available by chapter in the following attachments:
- COVER PAGE (798 kb)
- Appendix A: COUNTY PROFILE (DATA) ELEMENT (32M)
- Appendix B: GLOSSARY OF TERMS (105K)
- Appendix C: 2030 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE PROCESS AND SCHEDULE (277K)
- Appendix D: 1981 LAND USE ELEMENT POLICIES (161K)
- Appendix E: ORANGE COUNTY-CHAPEL HILL-CARRBORO JOINT PLANNING AGREEMENT (3M)
- Appendix F: RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN LAND USE CATEGORIES AND ZONING DISTRICTS MATRIX (100K)
- Appendix G: FUTURE LAND USE CATEGORY LOCATIONAL CRITERIA (163K)
- Appendix H: NATIONAL REGISTER CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION (74K)
- Appendix I: STANDARDS FOR REHABILITATION (79K)
- Appendix J: LISTS OF SIGNIFICANT PLANT AND ANIMAL SPECIES (90K)
- Appendix K: MAP OF NATURAL AREAS AND MACROSITES (129K)
- Appendix L: LISTS OF RARE PLANT AND ANIMAL SPECIES IN ORANGE COUNTY (188K)
- Appendix M: COMPREHENSIVE PARK AND RECREATIONAL FACILITIES LISTING (266K)
- Appendix N: WATER AND SEWER MANAGEMENT, PLANNING AND BOUNDARY AGREEMENT (4M)
- Appendix O: DRAFT FRAMEWORK FOR ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION PLAN (122K)
- Appendix P: KEY DOCUMENTS (111K)