The Orange County Planning Board, hereafter called "The Board", consists of twelve (12) members. Each member of the Board is a resident of Orange County and each Township within the County is represented in the membership of the Board.
As provided for in 153A-321 of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the Board shall have the following powers and duties:
- Make studies of Orange County and surrounding areas;
- Determine objectives to be sought in the development of Orange County;
- Propose and recommend plans for achieving these objectives;
- Develop and recommend to the Board of Commissioners policies, ordinances, administrative procedures and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner;
- Advise the Board of Commissioners concerning the use and amendment of means for carrying out plans;
- Exercise such functions in the administration and enforcement of various means for carrying out plans that the Board of County Commissioners may direct;
- Perform other related duties that the Board of County Commissioners may direct; and
- Approve and recommend for adoption by the Board of County Commissioners a Comprehensive Plan for development of the county, as well as amendments thereto.
The Orange County Planning Board meets regularly at 7:00 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month.
Members: Orange County Planning Board
Calendar: Meeting Schedule Calendar
Regular meeting agendas and minutes:
|February 6||Meeting Cancelled||Meeting Cancelled|
|May 1||Meeting Cancelled||Meeting Cancelled|
Ordinance Review Committee (ORC) agendas and summary notes:
|January 8||ORC Agenda||Summary Notes|
|July 2||ORC Agenda||Summary Notes|
|January 9||ORC Agenda||Summary Notes|
|July 10||ORC Agenda||Summary Notes|
|October 2||ORC Agenda||Summary Notes|
|November 6||ORC Agenda||Summary Notes|
For more information contact the Orange County Planning Department at