Real Estate Property Taxes
Real Estate Property includes land and structures or improvements on the land. Real estate property tax bills are sent annually and based on the value of the land as determined by the Tax Office.
Tax bill information is available online and is mailed to the property with address on file.
Real estate property tax payment is due September 1st, and payable through January 5th of the following year without interest. On January 6th, interest is added and delinquent collection remedies are started.
- Payment options include cash, check, money order, credit card or debit card.
- Pay online using a third party: Official Payment Corporation (OPC). There is a convenience fee per transction based on transaction amount. Fee amount starts at $3.00.
- Pay by telephone: 1-888-272-9829, using a third party: OPC. There is a convenience fee per transction based on transaction amount. Fee amount starts at $3.00.
- Pay in the Tax Office by cash, check or money order.
- Mail checks to: Orange County Collector, P.O. Box 8181, Hillsborough, NC 27278
A list of FAQs is available to help answer any questions.