Mobile Home Moving Permits
Permits are ONLY issued in the tax office located in Hillsborough.
Note: It is illegal to relocate a mobile home to another site, whether the site is in or out of Orange County, without a mobile home moving permit.
Requirements for issuing a permit:
- The mobile home must be listed for the current year with tax office
- The current year's taxes must be paid in full
- All Back taxes must be paid in full
- Requester must provide:
- Name of current owner
- Present location of mobile home
- Name and address of mover
- Make, model and size of mobile home
- Destination of mobile home: street address in or out of county, dealer lot, junk lot, etc.
- Name and address of new owner, if the move is a result of transfer of ownership
- The permit is good for ONE move
- The permit must be displayed in the window of the mobile home while it is being moved
- For more information, contact the tax office
Before you move your mobile home to a location within Orange County, you must provide a copy of the moblie home moving permit to the Planning Department.