Current Properties for Auction
ALL PROPERTIES ARE SOLD IN 'AS IS' CONDITION. INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESEARCH ALL PROPERTIES THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO SALE AND BEFORE BIDDING ON A PROPERTY.
- Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale.
- PURCHASER WILL RECEIVE A NON-WARRANTED SHERIFF'S DEED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SALE.
- The deed description may include portions of land that have already been sold off by the current owner and are NOT subject to the sale.
- If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss.
- THIS IS A BUYER BEWARE SALE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. WE OFFER THE PROPERTIES ON A 'WHERE IS' AND 'AS IS' BASIS. THE COUNTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INVESTIGATE THE PROPERTY PRIOR TO BIDDING. Anyone considering buying property at a tax foreclosure sale should be aware that there is a risk. The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain Information regarding the property, prior to the sale!! It is important to note that the deed description of the property or properties contained in this ad may or may not be the exact description of what is actually being sold. The property to be sold is that property contained in the deed description SAVE AND EXCEPT ANY CONVEYANCES OF RECORD. In other words, the deed description may include portions of land that have been sold off by the current owner, portions that are NOT subject to the sale.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department conducts each sale at the Orange County Courthouse steps located at 106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278.
Properties for Auction
SALE DATE: THURSDAY, JANUARY 15, 2015 12:01PM
Below is a list of properties currently being foreclosed: All are sold subject to 2015 taxes that are not covered under this judgment.
PIN #9860772570, County of Orange v. IDA HOGAN MAYS HEIRS – File # 14 M 269; Legal Description : PIN #9860772570, KNOWN AS 1200 LUCY LANE CHAPEL HILL NC (See Deed Book 133 at Page 159, Orange County Registry). Starting Bid$17,000.00 subject to change.
PIN #9860675669, County of Orange v. LUCY HOGAN BAKER HEIRS – File # 14 M 270; Legal Description : PIN #9860675669, KNOWN AS 1400 LUCY LANE, CHAPEL HILL NC (See Deed Book 180, at Page 162, Orange County Registry). Starting Bid $5,500.00 subject to change.
PIN #9844569992, County of Orange v. JOSEPH GARNER HEIRS AND AVOS GARNER HEIRS – File # 14 M 271; Legal Description : PIN # 9844569992, SE INT Southern Drive & Watson Road, Efland NC. Starting Bid $3500.00 subject to change.
PIN #9860883602, 9860886812, 9860885641, County of Orange v. PHILIP C. SCHINHAN JR., ANNA K. UNDERHILL, and TIMOTHY D. SCHINHAN HEIRS aka DANNY SCHINHAN – File # 14 M 272; Legal Description : BEING ALL OF LOTS NOS. 13, 14, 15 HICKORY FOREST SUBDIVISION, ACCORDING TO PLAT AND SURVEY RECORDED IN BOOK OF MAPS 17, AT PAGE 1, ORANGE COUNTY REGISTRY. (See Deed Book 812 at Page 1, Orange County Registry). Starting bid $2600.00 subject to change.
Pin #9866549764, County of Orange v. JOE JONES HEIRS – File # 14 M 294; Legal Description: PIN 9866549764, E/O 86. Starting Bid $3800.00 subject to change.
NO PHOTO AVAILABLE.
Mobile Home Sales
- Currently there are no mobile homes for auction.