Families who are experiencing a financial emergency may be eligible for financial help to pay for housing, utilities, food, gas, and/or medicine. There is a limit in Orange County of $200 per twelve-month period. People needing assistance more than once a year are required to attend financial counseling.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have total income at or below 200% of poverty level.
- Be able to eliminate the emergency situation by the EA payment
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible alien.
- Not have received the maximum available EA payment. ($200/12 months)
This is just a guide. An eligibility worker at the Department of Social Services will assess your individual situation and inform you of your eligibility status.
Applications are taken at either building of the Orange County Department of Social Services, and are processed within 5 workdays.
Bringing the following items will aid in the process of applications:
- Cut off notice(s), eviction order, etc.