- Where do I pay my water bill?
- Where can I get my well tested?
- Can you test my soil?
- I have found this plant growing in my pond, stream or backyard. Can you tell me what it is?
- Where do I obtain a septic tank permit?
- Can you perform a perc test on my site?
- Where do I obtain a well permit?
- I am interested in obtaining financial assistance for my farm. Can you help?
- My class is studying environment, water and soil issues. Can you come and speak with them about the issues facing Orange County?
- Where can I find historical aerial photos for Orange County?
- What maps are available for Orange County?
- Do you have aerial maps for Durham County or other adjoining counties?
- Where can I find topographical maps?
- What are your office hours?
- Do you have trees for sale?
- Do you sell birdhouses?
Orange County Soil and Water Conservation Office does NOT handle water bill payments. Find out where to pay your bill.
Orange County Soil and Water Conservation Office does NOT perform well testings. Instead, please contact or visit the Environmental Health Department: 919-245-2360
The Soil and Water Conservation District has soil test boxes at the Hillsborough office. The boxes are mailed to the NC Department of Agriculture in Raleigh for testing. The NC Department of Agriculture analyzes the samples, and the results are usually placed on its Web site. Soil test boxes are also available at the NC Botanical Garden,
The Orange County Environmental Health Department handles septic systems services and programs. You may obtain a permit from that office.
This office does NOT perform perc tests. Please contact the Orange County Environmental Health Department at 919-245-2360.
The Orange County Environmental Health Department handles well services and programs. You may obtain a permit from that office.
Yes! Please contact us to set up a meeting to get started. We participate in a number of State and Federal programs which provide both financial and technical assistance to qualified applicants. Soil and Water Conservation staff will be happy to help determine the technical and financial programs that would be suit your needs.
My class is studying environment, water and soil issues. Can you come and speak with them about the issues facing Orange County?
Yes, we have historical aerial photos for Orange County ONLY. The maps are not available for loan or sale, but copies of a specific site can be made.
Orange Soil and Water Conservation District has historical aerial photos for Orange County ONLY. We also have wetland and flood prone area maps. Orange County's Geographic Information Serivces/Land Records Office has current aerial photography and digital orthophotography. Contact the GIS/Land Records office for further information.
No, we only have maps for Orange County. Please contact the Soil and Water Conservation District offices in the adjoining counties. The NC Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts offers more information about adjoining counties.
Yes, we have "topo" maps available to review in the office. The maps are not available for loan or sale, but we are willing to make copies of a small area on a map. For more information concerning maps for sale, see NC Geological Survey Web site.
We do sell trees on a pre-order basis. We order trees from the NC Forest Services in November of each year. Trees are delivered to our office in mid-to-late February for pick-up and sale to the public. We will post a tree order from on our web site in late summer.
Yes, we sell bluebird houses and wood duck boxes on a pre-order basis. Contact us for further details.