Orange Soil and Water Conservation District
The Orange County Soil and Water Conservation District offers technical, financial and educational advice to Orange County landowners and operators. We provide technical consultation on erosion control and water quality issues on agricultural farmland and non-agricultural lands.
Eligible landowners may qualify for state or federal financial assistance.
Orange Soil and Water Conservation is a Division of the Orange County Department of Environment, Agriculture, Parks, and Recreation- DEAPR.
Visit our Department web site for more information. Orange County, NC DEAPR
Also, find us on facebook.
Contact Us for more information.
Agricultural related services
- Sediment and Soil Erosion on Agricultural Lands
- Water Quality on Agricultural Lands
- Animal Waste Management Plans
- Nutrient Management Farm Plans
- Stream Bank Stabilization/Stream Protection Systems
- Riparian Restoration along streams
- Voluntary Agriculture Program and Farmland Preservation Program
- Conservation Assessment and Planning on Agricultural Lands
Non-agricultural related services
- Community Conservation Assistance Program (CCAP) for existing residential, commercial, public and private buildings
- Urban Erosion Control and Storm Water Controls
- Closure of Abandoned Wells
- Riparian Restoration Along Streams
- Educational Programs for Youth and Adults
Other related services
- Forestry Management and Improvement (working with the NC Forest Service)
- Wildlife Habitat Improvement
- Pond Site Assessments (pdf)
- Board of Supervisors meetings are open to the public.
Agronomists, engineers, soil scientists, and other specialists from local, state, and federal agencies work closely with the Soil and Water Conservation District Staff to answer your questions.