Employment Services for Older Adults
Job seekers, right now, there are part-time and full-time jobs available. Large retailers and delivery companies – Amazon, CostCo, WalMart, and several grocery and pharmacy chains are hiring people for warehouse, stocking, cashier and delivery positions. In addition, jobs working remotely from home are also available, and increasing significantly. Many businesses and organizations are hiring. A list of companies currently hiring for remote jobs is available on the under the Resources for Mature Job Seekers tab below.
If you are interested in applying for any of these jobs, you need to be sure your resume and cover letter are current, strong and compelling. You will want to be confident and knowledgeable about interviewing -- how best to answer questions, and what questions you should ask. If you want help, please email our employment specialist, Mike Komives or call/text (919) 616-8778.
In person meetings and classes have been SUSPENDED due to COVID-19
For help by phone or email, please contact Mike Komives or cal/text 919-616-8778
- Resumes have changed! Is yours current?
- 50% of all jobs are not posted! How do you find them?
- LinkedIn is a very effective resource. Is your profile strong?
- Age Discrimination exists. Tips for how to address it.
- Guiding your contacts is important. Don’t use your resume.
- Some part-time jobs come with health-care insurance.
- Interviewing – “Why Should We Hire You?”
- You don’t get a 2nd chance to make a 1st Impression. How you look matters.