Hurricane Michael Information
This page will include resources for residents to report issues or request assistance during and after Hurricane Michael.
- For downed trees, debris in a roadway or a flooded road, assure that you are in a safe location and call 9-1-1. Remember, if you encounter a flooded road, Turn Around, Don't Drown!
- For downed trees on private property contact the primary insurer of the property and then contact a private debris removal company. Orange County does not remove trees or debris from private property.
- To report non-emergency damage, use our Community Damage Reporting tool. This will enable Emergency Services to identify areas with heavy damage and provide resources where needed.
- Businesses are encouraged to use the Community Damage Reporting tool to report any damages incurred from the Hurricane or the flooding, as this will help the county determine if it is eligible for additional state or federal relief funding.
- Duke Power: 1-800-POWERON (1-800-769-3766) (Click here for Duke Power outage maps).
- If you lose power, text REG to 57801 for text alerts from Duke Energy. With outage alerts, we'll notify you by text, voice message or email when you have an outage. We'll also send status updates and estimated restoration times. Sign up and manage contact information online. Or simply send a text with the message REG to the phone number 57801 to receive outage alerts by text.
- Piedmont Electric: Main Office:1-800-449-2667 OR Report Outage:1-800-222-3107 (PEMC outage map).
- Text message instructions: You can also report outages via text message. To opt into the program, text “pemc” to 800.222.3107. Then text “#out” to report an outage. For outage updates, text “#status”. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the system to recognize new signups.
- PSNC: 1-877-776-2427:: Click here for signs of a gas leak.
- Town of Hillsborough water customers should report water line breaks and other water-related emergencies by calling 919-732-3621.