SOLID WASTE RESOURCES FOR ORANGE COUNTY ESTABLISHMENTS
Become a Zero Waste Establishment
Orange County, North Carolina is a Green community. This means the County is striving to support all commercial facilities to be Zero Waste. Orange County Environmental Health can provide referrals for zero waste practices that are approved under NC Administrative Codes.
How do I make my establishment Zero Waste?
Every establishment is a bit different than the next. The first step is to contact Orange County Solid Waste Management to learn about the County’s resources for commercial recycling and organic composting for Waste, Recycling and Storage.
- Rod Jones – Recycling Program Setup for New Facilities: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-918-4908
- Jeff Scouten – Plan Review for Recycling/Waste Storage Requirements: email@example.com or 919-918-4905
R + R + C = (0) Zero Waste!
- Purchase/use reusable shopping bags
- Reuse glass/plastic containers for storage
- Before composting, consider donating unused food
- Plastic recycled (Plastic bags elsewhere?)
- Cans, aluminum, recycled
- Glass recycled
- Paper recycled
- Food scraps
- Small bits of paper
- Packaging/products made of compostable material
- Compost info here
PRIVATELY CONTRACTED RESOURCES IN ORANGE COUNTY
For more information about becoming a Zero Waste Facility: