Lunch Program CHANGES: Dine-in lunches temporarily suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Meals now available via CURBSIDE Pick-up.
LUNCH PROGRAM UPDATE
Current meal distribution will change as follow:
- Monday: One Hot Meal and a Bag Lunch
- Wednesday: One Hot Meal
- Friday: Two Different Hot Meals
At this time we are only accepting new applications for those county residents age 60 and over and who can pick up a meal at either the Passmore Center or Seymour Center.
Individuals and those in group quarters will only be considered if they can identify someone to pickup their meal. Individuals who are transit dependent may qualify for OC Meals on Wheels and will be assessed for eligibility.
If you have any question, please contact our food services coordinator, Isabel Jackson by email or phone at (919) 245-4256.
Get a preview of our lunch menus:
Lunch Program details when we are on-site:
Both Senior Centers serve up great food in a welcoming atmosphere and good company. Come and join us!
- Registration is required to participate in the lunch program
- Download, complete, and return the Lunch Program Registration (PDF) to the front desk at the senior center where you prefer to have lunch
- Reservations are not required
- Lunches are served on a first-come, first-served basis
- Tickets are distributed at 11 a.m. and lunch is served at 12 p.m.
- Check in at the registration desk located near the kitchen at each Senior Center
- Anyone under the age of 60 can purchase the meal for $6
- Persons aged 60 plus are urged to give a contribution towards the meal cost
Preview our lunch menus at the top of the page.
Questions or Concerns
Please contact our Food Services Coordinator or Lunch Site Managers for any questions or concerns at:
- Lunch Program Coordinator: 919-245-4256
- Passmore Center: 919-245-2015
- Seymour Center: 919-968-2070
Nutrition Resources for Seniors
It’s estimated that more than 4 million seniors are eligible for nearly $4.5 billion in food benefits, but they are not enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Visit the SNAP website to find out more.