MOD (Mobility On Demand) Service
Orange County MOD (Mobility On Demand)
OCPT's MOD comes directly to you and takes you where you want to go. Book your fare-free trip on the TransLoc app, website, or by calling OCPT at 919-245-2008.
OCPT's on-demand travel option provides service in the Hillsborough, NC area, including the Eubanks Park-and-Ride in Chapel Hill. MOD service is available Fridays 5-9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (pick up requests close at 4:45 p.m. on Saturdays).
How to Request MOD Through the TransLoc App
- Download the TransLoc app to your mobile device
- Open the app and go to OnDemand to see services in your area
- The app will show you services based on your current location, use the arrows towards the bottom of your screen to find MOD (Mobility On-Demand)
- Touch the words "MOD (Mobility On-Demand)" to begin entering your trip details
- Enter your pickup location in the first box at the top. The app will use your current location as the default pickup. Touch the address if you need to select another and you'll get the option to enter another address.
- Enter your destination
- Set the time of your pickup as ASAP if you're ready for a ride or touch the pencil to select another pickup time
- Press the "Request Ride" button to send your ride request
- Confirm the pickup location
- If you haven't logged in previously, you'll need to log in now or create an account
- After your ride request is confirmed you'll receive notifications about your driver's location and estimated time of arrival
- Don't forget to put your mask/face covering on before boarding the MOD van
- Learn more about the TransLoc mobile app in this brochure.
How to Request MOD by Calling
- Call OCPT at 919-245-2008. Staff will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For future and same-day requests only on the days MOD is in service, staff will be available by phone Fridays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tell the dispatcher where you would like to be picked up and where you're going. Please have a complete address (street number, street name) and connecting/cross streets available to help us ensure the MOD van knows where it's going.
How to Request a Ride Through TransLoc OnDemand Website
- Visit http://ondemand.transloc.com/and click on "Sign up" to set up an account if needed
- You will need to provide your first and last name, your phone number, and a password when setting up your account
- Select Orange County Transportation Services as your agency, then "Book a Ride"
- If you want to get picked up as soon as possible, select "Next Available." If you want MOD to arrive at a specific time or a future date, select "Specify time"
- Enter your pick up and drop off address and adjust the marker on the map as appropriate
- Enter the number of passengers that will be riding (1 if it's just you) and let us know if you require wheelchair accessibility
- Click Schedule Ride to complete your request
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I request MOD services?
There are three ways you can request MOD, just pick the one that works best for you.
- TransLoc app, https://transloc.com/app/
- TransLoc website, http://ondemand.transloc.com/
- Call 919-245-2008
What is MOD?
MOD stands for "Mobility On Demand," meaning the ride comes when you request it. Similar to a taxi or services provided by Uber/Lyft, when MOD is in service you’ll be able to request a ride within the service area by using the TransLoc app, by calling OCPT at 919-245-2008, or by visiting http://ondemand.transloc.com.
How much does it cost to ride MOD?
MOD will be free to try through August 2021. If the service becomes permanent, we estimate it will cost $5 per zone travelled through.
Is MOD being launched as a pilot project?
Yes, when MOD service starts Friday, March 5, 2021 it will run through August 2021 as six-month pilot project. If the pilot is successful, MOD's hours and service areas could be expanded.
What precautions are being taken to reduce risk associated with COVID-19?
All passengers and operators must wear a mask that covers both the mouth and the nose at all times. We also ask that passengers travel with companions that reside within their household and to refrain from using MOD if they aren't feeling well. MOD operators are monitored for illness and will also sanitize the vehicle between MOD trips.
Are MOD vans accessible?
The MOD vans can accommodate 1 passenger with a large wheelchair, plus a companion.