SPECIAL STATEMENT ABOUT THE BULLDOGS RECENTLY SEIZED IN CHAPEL HILL: We are receiving hundreds of inquiries about adopting these dogs. We'd like to thank everyone for contacting us about adopting. These dogs are not currently available for adoption.
They are also not currently available for fostering or viewing.
Unfortunately, we do not currently have the resources to keep any kind of wait list and notify individuals when the dogs are made available. When they are made available, we will let the public know via news media outlets and an update on our website. A civil judgment that surrenders custody of the dogs to Orange County Animal Services is in process. However, the dogs will continue to be held in custody at OCAS while the Office of the District Attorney assures that information and evidence critical to its criminal cases are satisfactorily gathered prior to the rehoming of the dogs. Animal Services will provide ample public notice of the rehoming process once that information is determined. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to care for these animals. Taking in so many dogs at once has put a strain on our resources at Animal Services. If you would like to donate to animal care at our shelter, please go to this page for more information: https://www.orangecountync.gov/364/Donations
Animal Services is located just off of Interstate 40 (I-40):
1601 Eubanks Road
Chapel Hill, NC
Phone: 919-942-PETS (7387)
This center houses animals from Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Hillsborough municipalities, as well as the unincorporated areas of Orange County. The adoption area opens to the public at 12 p.m., Monday - Saturday (full hours available here). Animal Control service hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am -5 p.m.
- For information about adoption or available pets: Dial 919-942-7387, press option 3.
- For information about lost & found pets, surrendering pets, or licensing: Dial 919-942-7387, press option 2.
- For information about volunteering or spay/neuter services: Dial 919-942-7387, press option 4.
- For hours of operation and directions to our facility: Dial 919-942-7387, press option 6.
ANIMAL CONTROL ISSUES SHOULD BE REPORTED AS FOLLOWS:
Call 919-942-7387, press option 1, Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 p.m.
After hours and holidays: dial 9-1-1
Pursuant to applicable North Carolina General Statutes, any electronic mail message sent from this account or received by this account, and any attachments thereto, may be considered a public record; and as such they are subject to inspection by anyone at anytime.
- Email Animal Services management here with questions or concerns.
- For questions about volunteering or donating materials (blankets, food, toys, etc.), please send email here.
- For questions about pet licensing and payments, please see our Licensing page for more information and email contact.
- To report technical issues (broken links, etc.) with this website, please email our webmaster here.
Public Information Request
Follow the link here to submit a Public Information Request.