Orange County Recreation is excited to offer limited enrollment in-person camps for Summer 2021 at the Central Recreation Center. Camps will be limited to 10 enrollees per age group (4-6-years-old, 7-9-years-old, and 10-12-years-old) each session. Camps will be offered June 7 through August 20, with no camp Friday, June 19 (in observance of Juneteenth) or the week of July 5-9 (in observance of Independence Day). Camps will follow our traditional half-day enrichment model, with half-day camps combined for full-day care.
Due to COVID precautions (for example, to reduce the number of cohorts), the registration process will prioritize participants seeking full-day enrollment in Orange County Recreation Summer Camps. Half-day enrollments will be accepted after full-day registrants are processed.
Parents/guardians wishing to enroll campers in full-day camp (two half-day camps in the same week) will be able to apply to the lottery Monday, April 5 through Friday, April 9 at 5:00 p.m. Submit lottery form via email to email@example.com.
Parents/guardians wishing to enroll campers in just half-day camp will be able to apply to the lottery Monday, April 12 through Friday, April 16 at 5:00 p.m. Submit lottery form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of acceptance into camp will be made by email no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21. Notification will include instructions for confirming enrollment and submitting payment. Payment due in full by April 30.
Based upon lottery drawing, if not initially accepted into camp, interested participants will be placed on a waitlist and notified if and when a space becomes available.
In consultation with the Orange County Health Department and Orange County management, the following COVID protocols are planned for summer camp 2021. Protocols may be revised as COVID conditions change.
- Daily health screenings will be required of staff and campers prior to entering the Central Recreation Center.
- Only campers and staff will be permitted inside the building during camp hours.
- Enrollment maximum will not exceed 10 campers per camp as recommended by Orange County Health Department. Campers will stay with their own camp throughout the camp time; campers from separate camps will not interact during lunch, playground time, or other unstructured activity.
- All pick-up and drop-off will occur using kiss-and-go drive-through; parents/guardians must remain in their vehicle.
- Parents/guardians needing to drop off or pick up a child outside of scheduled times will need to call the front desk to have their child escorted out.
- Masks will be required at all times for campers and staff except during snack, lunch, or while drinking from a personal water bottle.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in each room. Campers are welcome to bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
- Within camp, all participants will practice social distancing with individual tables or activity areas spaced six-feet apart and single-use equipment. Campers may share tables, but will still be distanced, at while at lunch.
- Camp rooms, supplies, restrooms, and high-touch points will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Activity will occur outside when possible.
- Lunch and snack time will occur outside under an open-air covered tent or in the gymnasium. Campers will be assigned seating and cohorts for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Each camp room will have a single-use designated restroom available to campers.
- Water fountain will be turned off, but touchless bottle station will be available to fill personal water bottles.
- In the event of a positive COVID case, camper and cohort will be excused from camp to quarantine following CDC guidelines. Refunds will be issued for any camp date(s) missed due to COVID quarantine/isolation.
All policies were approved at time of publication. All policies are subject to change, in consultation with Orange County Health Department and Orange County management, in the event of changing COVID conditions.
For those seeking additional summer enrichment opportunities, limited virtual summer camps will also be offered. Visit Summer Enrichment for complete information. Registration for virtual camps will begin Monday, April 26 at 8:00 a.m.