Finance & Administrative Services
The Department of Finance & Administrative Services strives to be a strategic partner in providing fiscal leadership, excellent service delivery, and financial accountability for all residents and stakeholders.
The Department of Finance and Administrative Services, led by the Chief Financial Officer, administers Orange County's financial matters. These activities include:
- accounts payable;
- budget and fiscal policy;
- capital planning;
- debt administration;
- financial reporting;
- payroll processing; and
The Department of Finance & Administrative Services is committed to:
- Financial administration procedures and policies that maximize:
- accurate accounting;
- prompt payment of obligations;
- preservation of high credit ratings;
- management information for decision making;
- timely and meaningful financial reporting; and
- effective financial planning.
- High quality results in operations characterized by integrity, trust and respect.
- Sustained excellence achieved by continuous improvement in operations. The department is receptive to new ideas and committed to maximizing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leadership. Every individual in the department possesses unique potential to exercise leadership. The department recognizes this and accepts responsibility to actively participate in its cultivation.
The department is guided by its vision and values with adherence to legal, ethical and professional standards.
The County operates under an balanced budget each fiscal year.
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is an annual presentation of Orange County's financial condition on June 30, the end of the county's fiscal year.
Check out the guidelines and policies of the County's Finance and Administrative Services Department.
Learn about the program funding requests that come from agencies outside of the Orange County government.
Purchasing and central services attempts to seek competitive prices and proposals for as many goods and services as possible, even if the amounts involved are under the state legal requirements for bidding.
View resources that are related to the Department of Finance and Administrative Services.
A look at some of the revenues that comprise the county budget.